Going outside and looking gorgeous when you don’t have time, can be a challenge. Whether your morning or afternoon is hectic or your time is limited, when you’re in a rush, something undoubtedly goes wrong. It may be a rip in a skirt you planned to wear, or a family member having an outburst.
Yet, you still have to make that morning meeting and look somewhat presentable to feel confident. Not to mention, be on par with other kid-less (and dog-less) people on your team. We’ve been there.
Here are the 7 time-saving tips to help you look and feel your best when you’re in rush.
1. Stock up on the essentials – have your wardrobe in working order. It may take time to prune through your basics and essentials, but it will save you time in a long run.
Keep your eyes open for simple pieces that don’t need to be ironed. One-piece wear such as a shirt dress or a sweater dress speed up getting dressed.
2. Know where you are going – think about the event you are attending. What is the appropriate dress code? This will eliminate many choices and help narrow down to the right outfit.
Image from ffffound
3. Check the weather – obvious, but often ignored, the last thing you need in the midst of morning craziness is to find pouring rain, when you planned to wear a beige and white outfit.
4. Prep your outfit – lay out the outfit from the night before (yes, like you did when you were in first grade). This will give you a chance to iron the items that need ironing, eliminate pieces that have previously undiscovered stains, and try an outfit without a family member rushing you or having a morning crisis.
If you are still at loss as to what to wear, there are services that suggest an outfit based on the weather in your area.
5. Streamline your morning routine – do everything that you can the night before. Wash your hair, exfoliate, do a quick mask. Then, have your day moisturizer and spf laid out for next day.
To save even more time and simplify, opt-out for all-in-one mutlitasking products to save even more time during your morning routine. All in one products, such as SPF day moisturizers, are a huge time savers.
6. Utilize smart tools – while good make up brushes, powerful hair dryer (such as this T3 Featherweight Luxe), and facial cleanser brush can be an investment, these products also work more effectively and will save you time on a daily basis and money in a long run.
7. Get pretty with make up – get the maximum value with minimal strokes. While we recognize that beautifully applied and multi-layered eye-shadows create a well polished and sometimes runway look, they also take a ton of time.
Choose a few beauty touches that make the most impact such as mascara, which highlights the eyes, lip stain or lipstick that will add an instant sparkle to your look, or eye concealer that will hide dark circles.
Sign up for our free newsletter to get simple fashion and beauty tips, stay in-the-know about smart products, top jewelry stores, and receive exclusive deal alerts.