What is a Lip Stain?
Lip stain is similar to lipstick, except it lasts for hours, and doesn’t feel heavy. And since there is no need to reapply, you can look your best, and gain back time in your day. Perhaps you can spend this time doing something more profound than beautifying your lips…say, coloring your nails with the hottest nail polish. Not that we don’t find lip painting to be pleasant.
With so many products on the market it is hard to find the most effective lip stain. After some lip smacking research, and prowling through way-to-many stain reviews, we found the best lip stains on the market. They are luscious, long lasting, safe, lip plumping, and deliciously flavored picks.
1. Vincent Longo Gel Stain - $22.50. This water-based stain is a dual product that works on lips and cheeks. It stains lips with a sheer layer of vibrant color. This lip stain actually stays on whether you are eating, drinking, or kissing.
It has been around for a few years and has many loyal followers, including moi. It is created by a famous make up artist Vincent Longo and is manufactured in Italy.
We are not sure whether Italian-made beauty products have the same claim-to-fame as Italian footwear and apparel, but know from personal experience that Vincent Longo lip stains work magic and have a lip-staying power, just as they promise.
Best Eco & Chemical Free:
2. Tarte Lip Stain with Lip Surgence -$24. Natural ingredients, paraben-free lip stain that keeps your lips rich with long staying color. Tarte lip stains get top notch reviews from over 400 customers.
Alternatively, if you are looking for a lip plumper, try Tarte Rise & Shine natural lip stain-$21. It also contains non-chemical ingredients and gets rave reviews.
3. Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stain Foxtrot-$19. A long wearing natural lip and cheek stain packaged in a portable pen for effortless touch ups on the go. Paraben and chemical free.
4. Givenchy Printed Lips Tinted Lip Stainer Rose Impression -$24.50. This matte, richly pigmented concoction comes in sophisticated, color rich hues. The felt tip marker allows for easy application and provides contour control. If you are tired of the brand you have been using for year, this innovative stain is a great alternative to experiment with.
Best Old Time Favorites:
5.NARS Lip Stain Gloss Sayonara-$24. Another oldie, but goodie, this stain is non-sticky and long lasting. NARS devotees swear by it.
6. BeneFit Benetint-$24, is one of the most popular and long selling products. It is kiss-proof, waterproof, and beautifully coats lips with luminous sheen.
7. Urban Decay Lip Envy Envious-$19. These lip stains have a yummie, vanilla scented flavor. Lip Envy is also infused with a blend of powerful antioxidants including: vitamin E, green tea, chamomile, and ginkgo biloba extracts.
For more dashing beauty finds, check out these effective celebrity skin care products that beautify the skin of Salma Hayek, Reese Witherspoon, and more Hollywood starlets.