With just a few days left until the biggest shopping day of the year, Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales and deals are at an all time high. If you’re like most of us, wrapping your head around where to go for the best deals can be quite overwhelming.
Fashion Hippo compiled an insider’s guide to the finding best deals, steals and prices online. From electronics to footwear and everything in between, here are your top tips to a satisfying online shopping experience.
1. Get the best online deals BEFORE Thanksgiving: This year many top retailers are starting sales either the Day (or should we say early morning) of the day of Thanksgiving, Nov. 25th to entice customers to stock up on products before the big crowd runs an interference.
2. Opt for a one-stop-shop: Amazon and Overstock are great places to finding everything you need for the gift giving season. If you’ve got your mind set on a flat screen for your hubby or have been eyeing those gorgeous Frye Boots (who isn’t?), start the day off right by hitting up one of these all-inclusive sites.
These sites have the lowest discounts due to their monstrous buying power and you’ll save time during check out, since you will only be checking out once instead of navigating a myriad of checkouts on multiple sites.
3. Shop before you shop: Make a list of what you need to buy and knowing which online stores you are going to buy it at. Then make your shopping extravaganza easier on your fingertips by looking for the best coupons and deals beforehand.
For fabulous deal alerts in fashion and chic technology devices, subscribe to a free Fashion Hippo newsletter: get updates about the sales that are buzzing on Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday. Your wallet will thank you.
4. Know where the tech savvy go: BecauseiPods, iTouchs and iPads are such a commodity this season, Apple will more than likely not offer any discounts for these items in their stores. With that in mind, check out Amazon or Buy.com for best prices on these items.
Alternatively, consider checking retailers who are running promotions on similar, trendy tech-y options at discounted rates, such as the Literati E-Reader at Macy’s or the Flip camera at Amazon, both of which will be discounted starting Friday.
And when you’ve got Apt. 9 cashmere sweaters on sale for 34.99 what’s not to love? Hit up the online store on the day of Thanksgiving or the day after on Black Friday, so you can be fabulously chic without the mass chaos.
6. Know where to get the freebies: With all the money you’ll be spending this holiday season, a few freebies can go a long way.
Places like Best Buy and Walmart are offering free shipping with no minimum purchase, while drugstores like Walgreens, CVS and RiteAid are offering users on CouponMom a comprehensive list of freebies in their stores including beauty and personal products. Great little gifts that are perfect stocking stuffers.
One final fashionista tip…..If you still feel the urge to brave the crowds and hit up your favorite outlets, then be a savvy shopper and head to